Math = Love: Five Years: Where has the time gone?

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Five Years: Where has the time gone?

When I graduated from college and received my teaching certificate, I thought that a five year certificate was a looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg time.  Well, it turns out that five years can go by in a flash!  We still have one month of school left, but I just submitted the paperwork to renew my certificate so it will be good until 2022.  Part of me thinks that that sounds so far away, but I know it will probably fly by just as fast.

I spent quite a bit of time last semester and early this semester studying for the chemistry certification test.  I found out about a month ago that I passed!  This wasn't official until I filled out the paperwork today to add it to my certificate.  I'm planning a blog post soon to share my method for studying for the chemistry certification test.  I wanted to wait and make sure I passed the test before I shared!

Now it's official.  I'm certified by the state of Oklahoma to teach math and chemistry.


I wonder what the next five years will bring.  I know I never could have dreamed of all the amazing things that have happened during my first five years in the classroom.  Thanks to the #MTBoS for being there for the entire ride!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on Five Years!
    Maybe you should try for National Board Certification during your next five years. It is definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to work on this! I decided to take at least a year's break after finishing my master's degree. Hard to believe that was almost a year ago now!

      Delete
  2. Congrats Sarah! I've been following your blog since the first year. You were a great teacher then, and have only improved. Keep being challenged, and keep re-inventing yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I recently added two new subjects to my teaching certificate. One was upper 6-12 math and the other was educational leadership. Both were tough on me, and a lot of study. So I'm glad you were able to succeed!

    ReplyDelete