Math = Love: Slants Puzzles from Brainbashers.com

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Slants Puzzles from Brainbashers.com

In the last few days before Spring Break, a large portion of my students were gone for various reasons.  I decided it was not an ideal time to start a brand new unit in trigonometry.  So, I went looking for a new logic puzzle to introduce my trig students to.  Many of these students have been in my math classes since they were 8th graders, so they've seen almost all of the puzzles I have up my sleeve.  

I found these interesting looking slant puzzles from brainbashers.com.  I created a one-page introduction with the rules for these puzzles to give to my students. 


Then, I used my snipping tool to grab several puzzles for my students to try their hands at. 

Page 1 of Puzzles:


Page 2 of Puzzles:


Page 3 of Puzzles: 


Some of my students got really into these puzzles.  Others, not so much.  


If I was going to use these with my students again, I would make a MUCH bigger deal about the "Loops are not allowed" rule.  Many of my students ignored this rule...

Image Source: https://www.brainbashers.com/slanthelp.asp 

I enjoyed these puzzles myself.  I look forward to doing more of them in the future.

Interested in the file I created with the rules and sample puzzles?  I have uploaded it here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is great! I would also love to share this E learning application that will surely help your child improve their knowledge and academic skills. This is less hassles since you can used anywhere you are. We also offer tutorial services to guide your child throughout the learning journey. For more info please visit https://techhubcorp.com/solaro/

    ReplyDelete